In brief, Vietnam visa-on-arrival is a process of obtaining the pre-approved visa letter (visa approval letter) through a travel agency in Vietnam to check in at the departure airport and pick up the actual visa stamp at an international airport in Vietnam upon arrival.
Who are eligible
Most visitors to Vietnam require a valid visa to visit the country and are eligible to apply for a visa on arrival as long as they enter Vietnam by air at one of the International airports in Vietnam.
How to apply
Steps required to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Step 1: Apply online for an approval letter, which may take 3-5 working days for standard processing and 8 working hours for urgent processing.
- Step 2: Receive the approval letter by email and print a hard copy. Prepare 2 passport sized photos, your passport (must be valid for at least 6 months at time of entry) and stamping fee of 25 USD (for single entry visa) and 50 USD (for multiple entry visa) in cash.
- Step 3: Present all above mentioned documents to get your visa stamp upon arrival at an international airport in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Nha Trang, Hai Phong and Da Nang). That it is!
List of applicable airports
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
Why choose visa on arrival?
- Convenient - Everything will be done online, no passport sendoff, no documents required.
- Low cost - Relatively cheap in compared to other methods of getting a visa to Vietnam.
- Fast - In emergency cases, it is possible to obtain a visa approval letter in just 2-3 hours.
- Visa on arrival is applicable for air travel only. If you enter Vietnam by land or cruise, you are required to obtain a full visa before you arrive.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned stay in Vietnam.
- If you travel with children having their own passports, you are also required to pay the same fees as adults.
- The stamping fee at Vietnam airport is payable in cash only, no credit cards are accepted.
- There is NO OFFICIAL website for visa on arrival service. All websites offering the pre-approved visa letter are private agencies. Do not get confused by bulk of websites with organizational internet domain TLDs (org, gov..ect).
With the approval letter (Image 1) that you obtain through our service, you are able to get your visa stamp (image 2) on arrival at Vietnam airport.
Visa approval letter of 2019
Visa stamp at Vietnam airport
Visa on arrival fees
The visa on arrival fee will depend on the type of visa you are applying for, below is a sample fee for tourist visa on arrival.
|TYPE OF VISA||SERVICE FEES||STAMPING FEE|
|Single entry - 1 month||8 USD||25 USD|
|Multiple entry - 1 month||15 USD||50 USD|
|Single entry - 3 month||15 USD||25 USD|
|Multiple entry - 3 month||20 USD||50 USD|
The stamping fee is payable by cash at Vietnam airport in Vietnamese Dongs and US dollars (credit cards are not accepted)
Our tips for you are:
- Prepare all documents before you arrive.
- Prepare the exact amount for the stamping fee.
- Prepare the stamping fee in cash either in Vietnamese Dong or US dollars.
- Rush out the airplane as soon as possible to be the first come first serve.
- If you are travelling with children or elderly people, ask the officers for priority.